It is a copycat recipe for Fit Fare® Veggie Skillet from Denny's restaurant. I found a copycat recipe online and experimented and altered it until I found the right combination for my family. Then I added a shortcut to the recipe because, after a work day, who doesn't want a shortcut in meal prep?
This is what makes this meal great:
1) It doesn't contain any hard to find or expensive ingredients. In fact, those of you that have home gardens will find most of the ingredients there.
2) It's easy to prepare: basically cutting vegetables and stir frying them.
3) It's healthy - veggies, a few potatoes (live a little), and egg whites.
4) It 's eye appealing - love those colorful vegetables. (I promise that I will take a photo of this meal the next time I made it, if...I remember.)
After a day of teaching, if you want to treat yourself to something delicious and healthy, give this recipe a try.
A few notes:
1. I make this meal for 3 people, plus I want to have enough leftover for my school lunch the following day. I double the potatoes and add a little bit more of each ingredient.
2. I do not dish it out onto different plates. I serve it straight from the heated frypan so it stays warm longer.
3. You can make this recipe even easier by cutting the vegetables the day before or in the morning before leaving for work, and/or microwaving the potatoes ahead of time.
I don't have a definite answer but I could guess - possibly to avoid the cholesterol? It could be that the whites blend better with the other flavors. BUt, go ahead and use the whole egg and up the protein count. Why not? Make it the way you and others eating it will like it most. :-)ReplyDelete