Sunday, January 8, 2012

TPRS Workshop in Hershey, PA!

I received some good news on Friday! Michelle Kindt, who is a National TPRS Coach and National Board Certified Teacher is hosting a TPRS Workshop on February 25, 2012, at Hershey Middle School, in Hershey, PA. You can find more information on the TPRS workshop on the document below.


The only training I had on the TPRS method was four or five years ago. In 2009, I taught Spanish 1 using TPRS for 1/2 a semester, but was unsure if I was doing the method justice, so I dropped it. (Bad decision - I know.) Then last spring, after talking to our Assistant Superintendent, I was given the approval to pilot a Spanish 1 class using the TPRS method in the fall of 2011. The administrators were very supportive and even purchased a classroom set of the Cuéntame Más workbooks, student readers, and some auxiliaries. But there were no local workshops for me to attend to receive additional instruction on the method.

I met Michelle Kindt, who teaches french at Hershey Middle School, this fall when the five members of our World Languages Dept. went to observe the TPRS teachers at HMS. (Thank you Sherry Nesbitt for arranging this!) The Hershey Middle School teachers did such a fantastic job that the other members of my department quickly recognized the benefits of teaching with TPRS, so much so that two of the members have switched to using TPRS in their classes and the remaining two teachers are willing to use TPRS, but expressed a strong desire to have some instruction on the method.
Enter Michelle Kindt - and comments

we now have a workshop just a few miles down the road where we can learn more about TPRS and improve our teaching skills.
comments

If you know of anyone that may be interested in this workshop, please pass along the information. Maybe I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment