Friday, December 4, 2015

En 2016 espero que... A Bulletin Board for the New Year

Hall bulletin board display
If there is one thing I've learned when adding a display on a bulletin board, especially when it is original and requires creativity and making sketches, die-cut letters, etc, (more work than simply buying pre-made bulletin board sets from a catalog), it's to make sure what I put on the board is something that I can leave there for at least two months.

My plans were to make a bulletin board for the coming Christmas holidays, but with only 17 school days between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I ruled out a Christmas bulletin board for this year (at least for the large bulletin board in the hall). 

I had been waiting to be inspired and f-i-n-a-l-l-y it happened. (Which is a good thing because the bulletin board in the hall had only red fabric on it for several weeks!) I decided to have the students write what they wish for in the new year. 

Students' wishes/hopes for the new year.  (names of students covered)
Students started their sentences with: Espero que..; Deseo que..; or Quiero que...
 I shared my photos with Nelly Hughes (@nellyanhug), and she immediately replied that the sentences they wrote for the bulletin board provides me with even more information for PQA.  Killing two birds with one stone is always a good thing!
To the left is a collage of a few examples from the board.

 If you are interested in the pdf files of the people, please send me an email, leave a comment below, or contact me on Twitter (@sonrisadelcampo).       

Update:  Emily Long sent me a photo of the bulletin board that she made with her students (below).  Thanks for sharing the photo, Emily!

 

18 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I would be interested in your pdf files of the people. Your bulletin board looks great! My email is emilylong325@gmail.com.

    Thanks,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sra. I would love to create a bulliting board such as your above. May I please get the templates. Muchas gracias! npagenewman@croftonhouse.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡Qué buena idea! Me gustaría tener una copia de sus documentos. sarahshepard1@cox.net. ¡Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I too would like to get a copy of the documents that you used. Mil gracias! Rbgonzalez@glendora.k12.ca.us

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea with my Spanish 4 class! I would love a copy of the pdf. My email is caltomari@stclaircyclones.org Muchísimas gracias y feliz año nuevo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que Buena idea! Me gustaría que me mandes una copia de tus documentos. Mi email es
    mmorzan77@yahoo.com. gracias ���� Mónica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is amazing. Would you mind sharing the file with me please? kinom1@hotmail.com Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is awesome. Would you mind sharing the file with me please? You can email it to irism.mendoza@gmail.com. !Mil Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your amazing sight and am currently teaching the subjunctive- would you mind emailing the pdf files? Thank you so much for your great ideas. Sandi sandra.cumings@weldre4.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! I would love to have use your pdf files for this project. Thanks for sharing. dtiefenbruck@lhsnstl.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. Can you share your pdf file ? Kwhitford@scsd.org (its a google address)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me gusta mucho esta idea. ¿Puedes mandarme tu archivo con los dibujos? Mi email es rbrown@homewood.k12.al.us

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great idea. May I have a copy of your pdf file for this project?
    Thank you. dobladohanson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like a copy of your pdf. Please email me at debbie.rodriguez@lakemaryprep.com.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great idea. I would like a copy of your pdf. Please email me at purplerosecu@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea for bulletin board. May you please share the pdf files with me? emma.a.benitez@mcpsmd.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea for a bulletin board! May you please share the pdf files for the templates with me? Thank you! emma.a.benitez@mcpsmd.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful way to decorate the bulletin board, use the target language, and connect with student identities! I might use it for an activity to start the year in September. Could you please send me a copy of the PDF file? My email address is mr.schepp@whsat.org. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete