Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Scrambled Eggs - A Spanish App

I recently purchased the Spanish App "Scrambled Eggs - Spanish" for .99.  The app is compatible with the iPad, the iPhone, and the iPod Touch.  

"Scrambled Eggs" is a word scramble in Spanish.  You can change the skill level from easy to hard and there is a Hint key that will place one letter into the word if you need a little help.  Or if you just want to move on to the next word, there is the option to simply Reveal the answer.

If I could make an improvement on the app, I would ask the designers to configure it so you could just tap on the letter that you want to select instead of having to drag them into the spaces.  I also would have a larger word bank because in the little time that I have experimented with it, I have seen some duplicate words.

One way I may use this in class is to have the app projected on the board as the students enter the class.  It will catch their attention and immediately put them in a Spanish frame of mind.  Another option is to play it at the end of class when there are only a few minutes of class time remaining.  Either way, it will be a nice way to keep students in the language at times when they might be tempted to slip back into English. 

Have you stumbled upon any new apps that you plan to use in your classes this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment